日月潭 SUN MOON LAKE

So the second week I came to Taiwan, there were four consecutive holidays to celebrate the National Day (Double-Tenth Day).

On Saturday (7th October), I followed my roommate and her boyfie to the Sun Moon Lake.

I was a big light bulb and I knew it haha.

We first took any bus that brings us to Gan Cheng Station (干城站),

then walked to the Nan Tou Bus Station (南投客运), which is located at here.

They provide packages for several places, the packages might include admission ticket, accommodation coupon as well as the bus ticket.

You can always check their packages at their website.

It took us about 2 hours to reach Sun Moon Lake.

We then bought the shuttle boat ticket which brings us to two spots and back.

The ticket costs NTD 300 for adult, but we got the student price for just NTD 250.

The weather was so good to explore.

We took the boat at Shui She Pier (水社码头).


Lalu Island (拉鲁岛).




The first spot we reached was Xuan Guang Temple (玄光寺). 


The must-try! 阿婆茶叶蛋


In front of the temple, it's the famous photography spot, where you can see the Lalu Island.


There is nothing much besides the temple and a jungle walk side, thus we're heading to the next spot which is Yi Da Shao (伊達邵).

Yi Da Shao is a place where there has many shops selling souvenirs, and food stalls.


The famous bao! Each bao costs NTD 40.

After visiting the two spots, we then headed back to Shui She Pier. 

We walked around until we reached the Christian Church (耶稣堂).

We have to pay NTD 20 as the cleaning/admission fee before we can visit the church.

But, it's worth!

It is a place where couples are organizing their wedding ceremony 
under the witness of Sun Moon Lake.




I got into the pavilion without permission. 
"Don't be like me"

The exterior.

The interior.

Just realized that I hadn't been to any church before.

Although I'm not a Christian, I always imagine to have my wedding in a church.

Probably I have watched too many dramas haha.



Just besides the church, there is a restaurant named 

First Lady's Afternoon Tea (第一夫人 . 午茶点心), 

where you can have some desserts and drinks.

At the same time, enjoy the view of Sun Moon Lake. 



Subsequently, we decided to walk through the Yue Tan bikeway (月潭自行车道), 
instead of renting a bicycle.

We walked until the Shui She Dam (水社坝), where most beautiful scenery is located along the bikeway.

The scenery is much more beautiful than the picture shows.



My roommate aka my photographer.

After that, we returned to the Shui She Pier and waited for the bus to go back Tai Chung.

There are many places yet to explore such as the Peacock Garden (孔雀园), Sun Moon Spring (日月涌泉), Moon Bay (月牙湾) and so forth, we weren't able to explore all due to time constraint.

Hope yo one day can explore 'em.

Thanks for reading. Buhbye.

Comments

Popular Posts